Tuesday, May 12, 2009

REM Line.

We grasp at vagueries and wisps of color and faces.
And what was once so real
now is a hazy fog.
Nothing but hazy fog.
I was a mother.
I was a night terror.
I was a demon.
I traveled round the room
frightening children.
But it wasn't real.

In this other world
We were a family in a silent film
hiking up mountains
an orchestra speaking our words.
Charlie Chaplain was my father
who smelled a bear
that galloped down the hillside and
danced with me
a dance of death.
Round the trees we go.
Hide and seek.

Stabbing the bear
I keep my dream
going onward perilous onward yes
the dream train traveling on the REM line
through the forest till morning.
I've lit my house on fire,
seen death and chase scenes.
I speak French
and Hindi.
I feel warm blood.
a mermaid--
a pirate--
a gypsy--
don't. wake. me. up.

3 comments:

Grace Halliday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grace Halliday said...

i like you so very much and i like this poem so very much.

would you read it to me sometime?

i want to have a poetry night, where we get a bunch of people together to share their favorites, by the masters, and their own pieces. yes?

love.love.love.

Corissa Joy said...

this is incredible :]
I LIKE IT A LOT.
good work.