Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Spelunk.

-1-

So here it is.
This is what I feared
longed for
dreaded might not happen
to me
what i dreaded regretting
no plunge into blackety black
blackness with little stars scattered
throughout the forest pitch tar stick.
Myself wanders,
plays chess with one color,
I undress myself
alone
my bottom lip only touches its upstairs neighbor.

-2-

If we are both so sane
(the doctors told me otherwise)
why does the room shake so,
why do my hands quake so intensely
with tremors of faults in the earth,
quake like women three times
four times my age?
On a roll downhill we are
in time, in mind.
We lost sanity a long time ago.

-3-

I have always been afraid of those I call
mine.
Does that make us something
better? Perhaps in this flying freedom
I take you lover with me
like Whitman scolded me to,
yelling from the stony grave.
So complete me a woman who treads the ground,
so whole a man and poet you be,
tethered loosely to this soft dark earth.

No comments: